Sberbank offers a wide range of custody services:
- Opening all types of custody accounts necessary for accounting and transferring rights to Russian and foreign securities;
- Safekeeping and accounting the ownership rights to securities, including documentary/non-equity securities;
- Conducting depository transactions with securities, including the use of correspondent custody accounts of Sberbank at the Euroclear and Clearstream international clearing and settlement centres;
- Securities encumbrance: execution and accounting of pledge operations;
- Corporate actions of issuers: consolidation, conversion, split, proxy voting at AGM/EGM, etc;
- Distribution of income from securities, redemptions of securities and coupon payments.
Sberbank acts as a sub-custodian of J.P. Morgan and The Bank of New York Mellon safekeeping the underlying assets for the issuance of depositary receipts for shares of Rosneft, Novorossiysk Commercial Sea Port, Magnit, Rostelecom, Sberbank, GUM and MTS. On October 24, 2013, ING transferred to Sberbank the 44 programs of DRs of 27 issuers shares, including: Surgutneftegaz, Tatneft, TMK, Gazpromneft, Utair, Avtovaz, Pharmacy Chain 36.6, Irkutskenergo, Moscow Candy Factory Red October, Lenenergo, TsUM, Pharmstandard and others.
Sberbank custody services is one of the largest banking custody operations in Russia. It offers its clients (residents and nonresidents of the Russian Federation) a full range of custody services for the securities of Russian and foreign issuers across all regions of Russia. Sberbank has been conducting custody operations since 1997.
Sberbank has an extensive branch network in Russia and servcies more than 390,000 custody accounts.
Clients of Sberbank custody services can place depository instructions and receive reports on the execution of operations in person in more than 70 branches of the Bank across the country. Various types of remote services, including the Bank-Client system, SWIFT and Sberbank EDI system, are used to share information with clients.
Depository record-keeping is carried out in a centralized automated information system developed by Sberbank. This system meets all requirements for custody account management in Russia, and has a high degree of security and a high fail-saf level. The system’s information security measures meet to the highest standards and ensure security and confidentiality of information. The system’s high efficiency has been repeatedly confirmed, in particular, during the people's IPO of Rosneft and Sberbank.
Clients’ evaluation of Sberbank of Russia Custody Services
Following the results of the research on the range and quality of custody services carried out annually by the international magazine “Global Custodian” among clients of depositories, Sberbank of Russia Custody Services has once again confirmed its leading position vis-a-vis other competitors in the Russian market and was recognized among the best in emerging markets in the world. Sberbank of Russia Custody Services has gained high rating scores in all six categories of services for which the research of the Russian market was conducted and has been awarded: Category Outperformer, Market Outperformer, and Global Outperformer (for more information please click on the logo below):