Mandatory Pension Insurance
By transferring the funded part of the work pension to Sberbank Private Pension Fund, you can increase your future pension without additional investments.
When paying the monthly salary, the employer allocates to the Pension Fund of Russian Federation (PFR) the insurance premium in the amount of 22% of the salary in accordance with the procedure established by the law.
16% of this amount is transferred to the insurance part of the pension while 6% is transferred to the funded part which is kept in the individual personal account of the citizen.
Distributing the insurance premiums of the employer (22% of salary)
- The insurance part of the work pension is made by monthly payments established for all citizens with the necessary seniority after they reach a certain age. The insurance part of the pension is guaranteed by the state.
- The funded part, the amount of which depends on earnings within the limits established by law (RUB 568 thousand in 2012), and investment income. The funded part is calculated based on the amount of pension savings by the time the payments are started.
You can receive your pension not earlier than after reaching the retirement age as a lump sum (if your savings are small), or as a pension for life or for a certain period, but no less than 10 years.
The pension savings are inherited by contract or by law. The successors must apply for payment of pension savings no later than 6 months from the date of the insured's death.
By default, the pension savings of citizens are in the Pension Fund of Russian Federation (PFR) and these funds are managed by Vnesheconombank. Its key task is to preserve the entrusted funds.
You have the right to manage your funded part of pension!
The cumulative yield of Sberbank Private Pension Fund over 3 years (2009 – 2011) was 42%. The inflation rate for the same period was 26.07%*.
* Yields for the past periods do not guarantee profitability in the future. The state does not guarantee the profitability of placed pension reserves and investments of pension savings. Please read carefully the Charter of the Fund, its pension and insurance rules before entering into a pension contract and transferring your pension savings to the Fund.
Since 2013, the Pension Fund of Russian Federation (PFR) has stopped sending information to citizens of the Russian Federation in the form of annual letters about their individual personal account.
A Statement of Individual Personal Account obtained in the banking institutions that have a corresponding agreement with the Pension Fund of Russian Federation can be a convenient and modern replacement of PFR letters.
Now you can obtain a statement on your pension savings:
- At any branch of Sberbank of Russia;
- In the Sberbank Online system;
- In terminals and ATMs of Sberbank.
To do this, you need first to register in the system of information exchange with PFR.
Via Self-Service Terminals and ATMs – free of charge.
Via structural units of Sberbank of Russia:
- for the first request during a calendar year – free of charge;
- for second and subsequent requests during a calendar year – RUB 100.