- In 2011, in line with a long tradition, Sberbank participated in the International Economic Forum (SPIEF) which took place in St. Petersburg.
- At the forum we offered a stand dedicated to the upcoming 170th anniversary of the bank, arranged a round-table conference, organized a charity event and conducted a discussion session on current issues in the financial world.
Stand: Leadership — Reflected in the Facets of History
Sberbank chose a diamond — the clearest and the hardest stone — as a prototype for its stand at the forum. The diamond's structure symbolizes Sberbank's solid foundation, and its multiple facets represented the various spheres of the bank's business activities. It was also at the stand where a charity event was organized to raise funds in support of the Gift of Life foundation.
The stand showcased innovative technologies in remote customer service. The highlight was a unique digital showcase which, all by itself, without any additional intervention from staff, identified the customer and compiled his psychological profile.
Round table: A Competitive Russia: Mission (im)possible?
Herman Gref, Chairman of the Management Board and CEO of Sberbank, submitted a Russian-language version of the report on Russia's competitiveness in the year 2011. Representatives of the Russian government, party leaders, governors, experts, and representatives of the international and domestic business communities took part in the round-table discussion.
Discussion session: Global Finance: Welcome to the Unknown?
Important global issues were debated during this discussion session organized by Sberbank. What risks threaten the global economy in the coming years? How will they affect the financial world? How should we behave in a situation of constantly emerging, unforeseen risks? Is it possible to forecast these in advance? CEO's of the largest global banks, financial experts, and representatives of the Russian and Spanish governments participated in the discussion.
SPIEF has become particularly important for Sberbank: it is specifically under its aegis that the bank has concluded a number of strategically important agreements:
- Memorandum of Understanding with ITERA Oil and Gas Company LLC
- Memorandum of Intent to create a jointly owned Russian POS (Point of Sale) finance bank with Cetelem (BNP Paribas Personal Finance)
- Project Financing Agreement with RusVinyl LLC for the amount of 150 mln EUR
- Cooperation Agreement with Russia's largest shipping company Sovcomflot
- Cooperation Agreement with the Novgorod Region